Monday 30 July 2007

Summer is finally here!!

Summer has finally arrived in Derbyshire.
We spent most of the weekend either in the garden, I finally managed to mow my lawn more than once a week, it actually looks rather nice if I say so myself. or on the park, playing on the swings (Mia on the swings, not me).
We went and fed the ducks and the geese, and Mia was more interested in eating the bread she was given than actually giving it to the ducks. One canadian goose tried to steal her bread, and got a smack on the beak for it's troubles.

Finally we can have a BBQ in the sunshine, and do all the things that we had planned, but the poor weather put a stop to.

I am driving down to London tomorrow for a couple of days, and the temperature down there is set to be 26 degrees. Why is it always warmer in London than anywhere else?

I feel a hosepipe ban coming on!!

2 comments:

Tony said...

London,s further south - marginally nearer the equater - and the concrete jungle retains the heat. Didn't you do Geography o level?

James Franco said...

They were GCSE's by the time I did them Tony!!
I did history.