Wednesday 5 September 2007

Allez Italia

The Franco Clan are off to Italy for a week, to sample all the good things that Tuscany has to offer.

It will be nice to go back to Torre Del Lago, it is the place we used to have a family Villa when I was a kid, so we used to spend quite a lot of time there.
It is a shame we dont still have it, as the low cost airlines that are around now would make popping over for a long weekend a very easy option.

For the culture vultures amongst you, Torre Del Lago is a little town on the coast, just south of Viareggio, about 15 km from Pisa.
It is the town where Giacomo Puccini lived, and composed some of his most famous operas such as La Boheme, Turandot and Madame Butterfly. He used to take a boat out onto the lake to gather his thoughts and write.

The weather over there should be good, I have been checking the 5 day weather forecast every day for about a month and it is about 30 degrees and sunny every day, so I might finally be able to get a bit of a tan this summer.

Anyway, I will upload some photos when I get back.

2 comments:

Silvana said...

Have a great time!

Tony said...

It was lovely when I was there in August. Enjoy it!