Tuesday 24 July 2007

Rant about the weather

I want to go up to the cricket club, wander round in the sunshine with a nice cold beer, chatting to my friends, but I can't.

I want to take Mia to the park, let her run wild, play on the swings, have a picnic, but I can't.

I want to get out in the garden, tend to my lawns, dig out my flowerbeds, sort out the roof on my shed, but I can't.

I want to have a BBQ, sit around with friends, chatting into the night, drinking far too much cold Corona, but I can't.

I want to go and play golf, try to improve my handicap, walking in the sunshine, but I can't.

I want to sit in the beer garden of the pub, enjoying a cold drink on a summer's eve, but I can't.

Why can't I do all of these things? Because it hasn't stopped raining for about 2 months.

Instead I have to abandon cricket, and go to Ikea, with all of the other dads
I have to watch my lawn grow from the safety of the conservatory.
I have to cook everything indoors, and eat at the dining table
I have to limit myself to the driving range
I have to sit indoors, staring out of the window at the beer garden.

Bloody Rain!

2 comments:

Silvana said...

I know it's rubbish. We're spending the summer at the cinema and sweaty indoor soft play instead of the park. Need an emergency holiday somewhere hot and cheap asap

James Franco said...

Viareggio is 40degrees and sunny at the moment, are you sure you dont fancy coming out in September with us?