Friday 10 August 2007

Is your Facebook on Myspace?

My name is James, and I am addicted to Facebook!

There, I've said it. They say it is the first step to recovery, I am no longer in denial.
I need a sponsor and recovery partner to help me get over my addiction.

It started with Myspace about 18 months ago, when it was cool and interesting. I put my page out there for all the world to see, made some "interesting" friends, most of whom I didn't know, and am never likely to meet.
It soon became tedious, with all the quiz type bulletins and bands I have no interest in listening to asking me to be their friend.

Then I saw the light about 6 weeks ago, someone told me about Facebook, and my life changed the instant I clicked on "register".
I have caught up with so many people that I lost touch with after university, old friends from school, family members I dont see very often, and I know what is going on in their lives.
I know that XXXX is going out with XXX this weekend, and they are looking forward to it.
I love the fact that I can see other people's friends so when someone I know adds someone else I know, I feel like my family is growing in a strange, online way.
I know that I can throw a sheep at my wife and she will consider it a term of endearment.

I prefer facebook over Myspace for loads of reasons, the main one being that everyone's page is easy to read, there are no ridiculous backgrounds and songs that make you jump when they start.
There are no stupid quizzes that get sent around 50 times by 50 different people.
The only people I am in contact with are the ones I know, and the ones I want to see again.

Facebook is the future. Embrace it.

No comments: