Thursday 24 January 2008

My Sister's Birthday


My sister's favourite restaurant is a lovely little Italian place, and she wanted to spend her 30th birthday with her nearest and dearest there.

The best thing is, this particular restaurant is called Da Checa, and it happens to be in the Tuscan coastal town of Torre Del Lago Puccini. So about 30 of us are off to Italy for the weekend at the beginning of March for a long weekend of Sunshine and good food.

Most of my family are going, along with a good few close friends. I can't wait, it should be fantastic, and hopefully the sun will shine all weekend.

The attached picture is the view from the restaurant, on the shore of Lake Massaciuccoli, a few minutes drive from the beautiful beaches of Torre Del Lago.

My family have been eating in that restaurant for about 40 years, always under the same owner, It is the sort of place where the owner comes out and asks "do you want meat or fish?", you never know what you are getting, so each course is a surprise, but the food is amazing.

I would definitely recommend a visit.

5 comments:

Rob said...

hey james: this wifi gadget - what's the story?
rob AT wordmagazine DOT co DOT uk

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvana said...

I cannot wait!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Oi - Franco - update your profile mate - how many children?